Share911 Privacy Notice
Last updated: August 19, 2013.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Share911 Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Share911 experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
What About Cookies?
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as alerting you of school emergencies, sharing your check-in status and missing person reports with other authorized users, sharing your contact information with authorized users, customizing site usage for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Share911 or other content served by or on behalf of Share911 on other Web sites. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Share911 or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with services, such as the ability to receive an alert even when your mobile device is muted. At this time we do not utilize your mobile device's location-based services although we may at some point in the future. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- E-mail Communications: To help us ensure our e-mails are arriving successfully, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Share911 if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: We do not receive information about you from other sources.
Does Share911 Share the Information It Receives?
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries OnScene Technologies, Inc. (our parent company) controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We do not share your information with affiliated business we do not control.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail and SMS, analyzing data, backing up databases, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: We do not send offers to Share911 customers on behalf of other businesses.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Share911, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Share911 and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Share911, our users, or others. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal your mobile number and emergency contact information only to authorized users such as law enforcement personnel, school administrators, and people that your school administrators have expressly authorized to view this information.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Our site does not include third-party advertising. We provide links to other Web sites such as Google Maps in order to better guide law enforcement and emergency personnel to an incident.
Which Information Can I Access?
Share911 gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Share911 for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to see some examples, the list of which will change as our Web site evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
Are Children Allowed to Use Share911?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of such Share911 features as SMS text alerts or allowing emergency personnel to see your mobile number or emergency contact information.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Email alerts will always be sent but if you do not want to receive other types of e-mails from us, please adjust your Profile. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Share911, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Share911 does not offer services for purchase or use by children. If you are under 18, you may not use Share911.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Share911, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Delaware. If you have any concern about privacy at Share911, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you perform a check-in, report a missing person, or update your profile. For example, you provide information when you. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; emergency contact information, including name, email, and phone number.
When you use an app provided by Share911, your mobile device sends a unique identifier so that we may send an alert to your device. At this time we do not utilize your device's location services.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated profile information from your school administrator.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Share911 include personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, and communications preferences); emergency contact information; and your favorite locations.